Create a custom Shopify app
- Log into your Shopify store
- Create a custom Shopify app for Shoptable
- Go to Airtable
- Install the Airtable Shoptable App
- Create a new Airtable base that will house your synced Shopify data
- Click the "APPS" button on the top right
- Click "Add an app"
- Find and install the Shoptable Airtable app (Search "Shoptable")
- Click on the "Register" tab and complete the form to create a Shoptable account
The Shoptable Airtable app still uses the old UI back when Shopify private apps were in operation. We’ll be updating this soon! You can still register without a problem, but here is how Shoptable Registration fields map to those you’ll find in the Shopify Custom App UI:
Shoptable Airtable App Register Field
Shopify Custom App Values
Admin API access token
API secret key
- Once your account has been created, confirm you'd like to use the currently open base and press the large, green "Use base..." button
- Press the "Sync tables" button
- Shoptable will create and configure your tables for you and start syncing your Shopify data into Airtable. This can take a few minutes depending on how much data you have.
- Once the initial sync is complete, you're all set! Your Airtable
Please don't modify any tables during this syncing process
Don't delete fields created by Shoptable
Shoptable relies on the fields it creates to properly sync data between Shopify and Airtable. Syncing between Shopify and Airtable will break if Shoptable created fields are deleted or their types are modified.
If you want to hide fields that aren't relevant, you can simply hide them in an airtable view. To learn more about Airtable views, read this Airtable guide.
Custom App Permissions